The Xbox one controller – which is at times referred to as the Xbox one wireless controller – is the main game controller for the Xbox series X home video game consoles as well as the Xbox one. The controller is well known due to its compatibility with windows PCs as well as other operating systems such as Android, iOS, Linux and macOS. The Xbox one controller do maintain an overall layout similar to the one found in the Xbox 360 controller. But it has a little tweaks to its design such as redesigned analog sticks, a revised shape, shoulder buttons and not forgetting the triggers.
Now, having known what an Xbox one controller really is, how about we ask ourselves, how can we open the controller just in case something is wrong with it? How do we go about it? Well, lucky you as I have listed all the steps that you should follow. They are as follows;
- The first step is for you to consider opening it on a tray so as to prevent screws and other parts from rolling over and falling on the floor as they could easily get lost.
- Then, take the pry tool (orange) from your tool kit.
- Slide the pry tool in between the plastic seams that’s on the controller’s grips.
- After the pry tool fits in between the plastic seam, then lever the grip away from the rest of the controller. Please note: as there is an adhesive holding under the plastic, don’t be afraid to apply force.
- Repeat this for the other grip.
- Then, remove the screws from the main body. Once all the screws are out, your controller will easily come apart. But remember that you should be extremely careful when opening the controller as you may end up damaging the cable connecting the circuitry to the battery section.
- After that, find a T8 screwdriver and start removing the five security screws on the inside. Please note that there is a screw that is hidden behind the sticker that is in the battery compartment.
- Now you can explore the inner workings of your controller, and, be careful not misplace any screw and/or parts. It will be separated into three main parts – the front faceplate, the battery compartment and the body with the circuitry, so take extra care.
- And when reassembling it, ensure that the battery connectors are lined up properly and the jack underneath fits properly.
That’s how you do it folks. As you can see, it’s pretty simple, so you don’t need an expert to do it for you, you can easily do it.