Xiaomi launches a new notebook which it positions to be an alternative to the Apple’s MacBook Pro. This would be the successor of the MI notebook that was released last year. Loaded with the latest features this new release intends to target its market of users who are looking out for features at par with Apple products but at a more reasonable price.
This Xiaomi laptop is loaded with some of the most amazing features which one would not have expected at such a price point. The features of this Xiaomi notebook Pro are:
- Xiaomi MI Notebook pro runs on 8th generation Intel Core I7 processor, making it one of the first laptops to be powered by this processor. It can run with a turbo speed of up to 4 GHz.
- This Xiaomi Notebook is a bit larger than the earlier version with a 15.6-inch screen and has a Gorilla Glass 3 layer. This feature is unique to this laptop.
- It is light in weight and weighs around 1.9 kg with its all-metal chassis. A large keyboard and an effective trackpad are one of the better features of the Laptop.
- The display uses a TN panel, like other laptops but is onto the less bright side. Apple uses a superior Retina display.
- One of its unique features of Xiaomi Notebook Pro is the advanced fingerprint sensor which is not something you would find in the laptops.
- The Xiaomi laptop comes in three variants which are: Core i7 and 16GB RAM, Core i7 and 8GB RAM and Core i5 with 8GB RAM. All these three variants come with a storage capacity of 256 GB SATA SSD.
- It is powered by Windows 10 Home 64 bits Operating system.
- Nvidia GeForce MX150 is used for the graphics in this Xiaomi Laptop.
- Xiaomi claims of having a superior cooling system which moves around 40 percent of more air and results in less noise while functioning.
- It has fast charging feature as well as a larger battery pack with Xiaomi promising a 50 percent battery charge in around 30 minutes.
- This laptop has a number of ports, including a 3-in-1 card reader, full-sized HDMI, and USB 3.0 ports. It has a two antenna AC wifi.
Looking at the specifications provided in this laptop it does seem that they have delivered on their initial stand of being a competition to the Apple’s MacBook Pro. Xiaomi MI Notebook Pro does not disappoint you on its expectations with a wide range of unique features that are not found in many of the other laptops. The performance is better than MacBook and it scores over Apple with the provision of multiple ports. The display is a let-off when compared to Apple’s Retina display however that is a tradeoff which many would be willing to make in view of the huge difference in the price.